Benu Gopal Bangur is the chairman of Shree Cement, which was founded in 1979 and is the leading cement maker in Northern India.
|Name||Benu Gopal Bangur|
|Award||Benu Gopal Bangur was honoured with Sahitya Akademi Award|
Benu Gopal was born to a business family from Kolkata in 1931. He completed his B.Com. degree from Calcutta University. The Bangur business empire was started in the 19th century by Mungee Ram Bangur, a Calcutta stockbroker, and his brother Ram Coowar Bangur. In 1992, five groups were created out of all the firms to help them flourish. He also started charitable institutions and trusts in Kolkata so that people could benefit from some of his earnings. He lives in his mansion in Kolkata, which features Lord Venkatesh’s temple. He loves volleyball and has a volleyball court on his estate.
The Bangur business empire was founded in the late 19th century by his grandfather, Calcutta stock broker Mungee Ram Bangur, and his brother, Ram Coowar Bangur. The company was divided into five groups in 1991: Balbhadra Das Bangur, Niwas Bangur, Kumar Bangur, Benu Gopal Bangur, and Laxmi Niwas Bangur (all Mungee Ram’s grandchildren) (grandson of Ram Cooler).
As of October 2019, Bangur has a net worth of $6.0 billion. With a $7.3 billion net worth, he reached number 14 on Forbes’ list of Indian billionaires in 2020.
Shree Cement History:
Benu Gopal Bangur’s grandfather founded the Shree Cement Company in Jaipur, Rajasthan, in 1979. Benu Gopal Bangur acquired 65% of Shree Cement during the division of the family firm brought on by economic liberalisation. He was subsequently named the company’s chairman.
At Bangur’s direction, Shree Cement saw tremendous growth and emerged as the cement manufacturer with the quickest rate of expansion. In addition, the company introduced numerous household items, including Roofon, Bangur Power, Shree Jung Rodhak, Bangur Cement, and Rock Vital. Recently, it has also made its way into the electricity generation sector.
In 2012, his son, Hari Mohan Bangur, an IIT Mumbai graduate chemical engineer, was assigned business control. As the head of the family, he encouraged his son and grandson, Prashant Bangur, to invest $305 million in Ras Al Khaimah’s Union Cement Company in July 2018. The business had already purchased Jaiprakash in 2014.
Benu Gopal Bangur Philanthropy:
- In 2020, to commemorate “Vijay Diwas,” the Indian day honouring the Indo-Pak War of 1971, Shree Cement gave free donations of cement to the families of military personnel who lost their lives in the conflict.
- Shree Cement has pledged to distribute free cement to the athletes who won gold for the nation during the Tokyo Olympics 2021.
Awards and Honors
- Benu Gopal Bangur was ranked 35th among India’s wealthiest individuals in 2013, according to Forbes.
- With a net worth of $7.3 billion, he reached number 14 on the Forbes list of India’s billionaires in 2020.
- The Sahitya Akademi Award was given to Benu Gopal Bangur.
- The company is recognized as one of India’s most economical cement makers.
- With a 41,9 MTPA production capacity in 2019, the Kolkata-based company had already risen to become one of the top three cement conglomerates.
- The company’s market capitalization ranks among the top 50 listed companies in India.
- The company had a total revenue of Rs 11,722 and an operating profit of Rs 2898 crore.
- The business reported $1.8 billion in sales for the fiscal year that finished on March 31st, 2021.
Please visit for more information about influencers.
Chandru L Raheja- The Chairman of the K. Raheja Corp.
Anu Aga-The Chairman of Thermax Ltd
Venu Srinivasan – Chairman and Managing director of TVS
No responses yet