Anil was born in Endhal, Gujarat, on June 3, 1942. His father was a Gandhian who also worked as a teacher. His education was completed in Navsari. Geeta Naik and Anil have two children together. His son works at the Google offices in Mountain View, California, and his daughter is a pediatrician.
|Name||Anil Manibhai Naik-Group Chairman of Larsen & Toubro Limited|
|Born||June 9th, 1942 in Gujarat, India|
|Education||B.E. (Mechanical Engineering).|
|Awards||Padma Bhushan (2009), Padma Vibhushan (2019)|
Life in general
Anil was born in Endhal, Gujarat, on June 3, 1942. His father was a Gandhian who also worked as a teacher. His education was completed in Navsari. Geeta Naik and Anil have two children together. His son works at the Google offices in Mountain View, California, and his daughter is a pediatrician. At Birla Vishvakarma Mahavidyalaya Engineering College in Anand, he earned his diploma. He began working for L & T in 1965 as a junior engineer, later rising to the position of manager. He eventually became general manager. He was elected to the Director Board and was made vice president. He wanted the business to have a global presence. He did this by reorganising the business into various operating divisions. He was primarily concerned with shareholder value. He was made president of L & T six years later.
Anil established educational institutions in Navsari, Gujarat, and was active in a number of social causes. His father started it in the beginning. He joined forces with a number of charitable and educational organisations for rural India. He was a member of the Indian Business Trust for HIV/AIDS’ Board of Trustees.
He was appointed Chairman and Managing Director of the business in the year 2003. He expanded the business’s capacity for producing engineering tools, which helped the industry grow in terms of manufacturing. The business produced essential machinery for the process and defense industries. The business is now a significant supplier of weapon systems and missiles. The company collaborates with national organizations that conduct space and defense research. The organization’s indigenization efforts in the nuclear and technology sectors were particularly successful. During Anil’s tenure as CEO, the company’s turnover significantly increased. The company’s IT division was created with the goal of making sizable profits.
Because of the many obstacles he overcame with his leadership abilities, L & T has grown more resilient. Most people know A.M. Naik was one of India’s leading businessmen. Due to sheer effort, L & T is now a recognised leader on a global scale. Anil has demonstrated strong performance in his role as company president. He guided the business’s expansion during uncertain times. He serves as Denmark’s Honorary Consul General. He serves on the Board of Trade, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, the Confederation of Indian Industry, and the Board of Governors for the Indian Institute of Management in Ahmedabad.
As soon as he became L & T’s new CEO, he proposed a 90-day action plan. He believed that young engineers made the best organizational leaders. He therefore devised a method of rewarding them. In those eight years, the company has come close to rising several times. He has devoted his entire life to business.
- Naik declared in August 2016 that he would donate 75% of his lifetime income to charity organisations, creating the Nirali Memorial Medical Trust for healthcare and the Naik Charitable Trust for education.
- Nirali Memorial Medical Trust has agreed to establish a cancer hospital in Navsari, which would be run by Tata Trusts. In January 2019, India’s Prime Minister laid the groundwork for a cancer hospital in Navsari, Gujarat.
- The Apollo Hospitals Group and the NMMT have partnered to build a specialty hospital in the Navsari healthcare complex. A multidisciplinary hospital in Powai, Mumbai; a hospital in Kharel, Gujarat; and the neighbouring Nirali Memorial Radiation Centre are also administered by NMMT. It also offers contemporary medical services at these locations.
View his Life and Accomplishments
- Anil was given the NDTV Profit Special Award for Business Leader of the Year.
- He was awarded Business Leader of the Year at the Economic Times Awards in 2008.
- For his work with the organization, he was given the Gujarat Garima Award and the Padma Bhushan in 2009.
- He received the Outstanding Business Leader Award and the Asia Business Leader Award from CNBC Asia in 2010.
- He received a Doctor of Letters degree from Sardar Patel University in 2011.
- He was awarded an honorary doctorate by Gujarat Technological University in 2013.
- His accomplishments were recognized with the Lakshya Business Visionary Award.