Bikki Oberoi -The Executive Chairman of Oberoi Group
Prithvi Raj Singh Oberoi is commonly known as Bikki Oberoi. He is the Executive Chairman of EIH Ltd. He is also the President and Chairman of Investors Grievances Committee at EIH Associated Hotels Ltd., Chairman of the Board at Mercury Travels Ltd., Board at Mumtaz Hotels Ltd. and Chairman and Managing Director at Indus Hotel Corporation Ltd. This company is the flagship company of India’s The Oberoi Group.
|Children||Vikram S. Oberoi, Natasha Oberoi, Anastasia Oberoi|
Bikki was born on February 3 in the year 1929. He completed his schooling from St. Paul’s School in Darjeeling, India and in UK and Switzerland. He is a graduate in Hotel Management from Lausanne, Switzerland. Bikki Oberoi comes from a family of hoteliers. His father, M.S. Oberoi, was the founder of the Oberoi Group, and his grandfather, Rai Bahadur Mohan Singh Oberoi, was a pioneer in the Indian hotel industry.
From his childhood, he had keen interests in his father’s business. This inspired him to travel around the world by experiencing new places and their best hotels. Before joining the Oberoi Group, Bikki Oberoi worked at several hotels in Europe and the United States, including the Waldorf Astoria in New York.
The Oberoi Group runs a chain of luxury hotels and the Oberoi Hotels & Resorts. His father, Late Mohan Singh Oberoi is the founding chairman of The Oberoi group. Due to his death, Bikki was made the Chairman. Oberoi hotels are famous for exceptional services. The legacy was steered to further heights with launching a brand name in the country. Now he is known for the leading Hoteliers in the world. He has proved himself as a worthy heir of the great empire.
Bikki Oberoi joined the Oberoi Group in 1965 and served as the Chief Executive Officer from 1972 to 2002. He was a major contributor to the Oberoi Group’s expansion in India and beyond during his time there. He led the development of many iconic hotels, including the Oberoi Rajvilas in Jaipur, the Oberoi Udaivilas in Udaipur, and the Oberoi Amarvilas in Agra. Also, he belongs to a variety of organizations such as the India-Japan Business Leaders Forum and the Global Travel and Tourism Council.
Bikki Oberoi is also known for his philanthropic work. In 1962, he founded the Oberoi Education Society, which offers education to kids who are underprivileged in India. He also supports various other charitable causes, including healthcare and environmental conservation.
Bikki Oberoi’s Path to Success
From his childhood, Bikki Oberoi had keen interests in his father’s business. This inspired him to travel around the world by experiencing new places and their best hotels. This made him explore the hotels, their services, food etc. He was excellent in leadership and management skills, and he started new chains of luxury hotels in many countries. The hotels have been rated among the international line-up of luxury hotels. This helped him in terms of his father’s business. He was educated in India, the United Kingdom and in Switzerland. He has made a vast contribution to the hospitality industry. It made India the best in the hotel business.
Under Bikki Oberoi’s leadership, the Oberoi Group has received many prestigious awards, including the ‘Best Hotel Group Worldwide’ award by Travel + Leisure magazine. He is known for his focus on guest satisfaction and has emphasized the importance of providing personalized and exceptional service to guests.
Bikki Oberoi’s leadership and vision have helped the Oberoi Group become one of the most respected and successful hospitality companies in India and around the world.
Biki Oberoi’s net worth is estimated to be $400,000 as of 2023.
Interesting Facts about Bikki Oberoi
Bikki Oberoi has a passion for wildlife and is a keen conservationist. He established the Oberoi Vanya vilas Wildlife Resort in Ranthambhore National Park, which is known for its tiger population.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
- In 2003, he was conferred by lifetime achievement award by the sixth International Hotels Investment Forum in Berlin.
- In 2004, he was presented a special award by the Department of Tourism for his contribution in the tourism sector.
- In 2007, he was awarded lifetime achievement award at the CNBC TV 18 India.
- In 2008, he received the Padma Vibhushan award, lifetime achievement award at the South Asia Travel and Tourism Exchange, lifetime achievement award at Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year, Outstanding Business Leader Award from the Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Society of Indian Law Firms and was named businessman of the year by Business India Magazine.
- In 2009, he was felicitated with Hall of Fame award at the Hotel Investment Forum India and received Lifetime Achievement award at the first Economic Times TAAI travel awards.
- In 2010, he was given the Corporate Hotelier of the World award by HOTELS magazine.
- Bikki was given the Grand Officer of the Alalaoui Wissam award by the King Mohammed VI of Morocco for his contribution to tourism and Indo-Moroccan relations.
- Oberoi was ranked by the International Hospitality Institute as being among the 100 Most Powerful People in Global Hospitality on the Global 100 in Hospitality in June 2022.