Rekha Jhunjhunwala – co-founder of Rare Enterprises
Rekha Jhunjhunwala is a stock market investor and trader in India who is recognized as the “Queen of Dalal Street” due to her achievements in the Indian stock market. She is the co-founder of Rare Enterprises which is majorly in Trading business. Rekha Jhunjhunwala inherited a valuable stock portfolio from her late husband Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, who was often referred to as India’s Warren Buffett.
|University of Mumbai
|Nishtha Jhunjhunwala, Aryaman Jhunjhulwala, Aryavir Jhunjhunwala
|Woman Super Achiever
Rekha Jhunjhunwala was born in Mumbai on September 12th, 1963. Rekha Jhunjhunwala holds a degree in Commerce from Sydenham College in Mumbai. She married Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, a well-known Indian investor. The two met during their college days and have been partners in both business and life ever since. She started her career as a stock market trader in the 1980s and later founded her own trading firm, called Rare Enterprises, with her husband Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.
Rekha Jhunjhunwala’s career started in the 1980s as a stock market trader. She initially worked as a technical analyst for Prime Securities, a leading stockbroking firm in India, where she gained valuable experience in the stock market. In the early 1990s, Rekha Jhunjhunwala founded her own trading firm, Rare Enterprises, along with her husband Rakesh Jhunjhunwala. The firm initially focused on trading in the stock market but later diversified into other areas, including private equity and real estate.
Over the years, Rekha Jhunjhunwala has made several successful investments in the Indian stock market, which have earned her significant wealth. She is known for her keen eye for value and her ability to identify promising stocks before they become popular.
She has invested in a diverse range of sectors, including banking, pharma, consumer goods, and technology. Some of the successful investments made by her include stocks like Titan Company, Lupin, and Federal Bank. She has also invested in several other sectors, including pharma, consumer goods, and technology.
Rekha Jhunjhunwala is involved in several philanthropic activities in India. She is a trustee of the Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust, which works towards the betterment of the Dawoodi Bohra community in India. Trust focuses on various areas, including healthcare, education, and women’s empowerment.
Through the Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust, Rekha Jhunjhunwala has been involved in several initiatives to improve the lives of people in underprivileged communities. The trust has set up schools and colleges to provide quality education to students from economically weaker sections of society. It has also established hospitals and clinics to provide healthcare services to people in rural areas.
Apart from her work with the Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust, Rekha Jhunjhunwala is also involved in other philanthropic activities. She has supported various organizations working towards the betterment of society, including the Cuddles Foundation, which provides nutritional support to underprivileged children suffering from cancer, and the Indian Cancer Society, which works towards cancer prevention and treatment in India.
Rekha Jhunjhunwala believes in giving back to society and is committed to making a positive impact on the lives of people in need. Her philanthropic work reflects her deep sense of social responsibility and her commitment to making a difference in the world.
Rekha Jhunjhunwala’s Path to Success
Rekha Jhunjhunwala completed her graduation in commerce and went on to earn a degree in chartered accounting. This educational background gave her a strong foundation in finance and accounting, which would prove invaluable in her career as an investor. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala played a key role in introducing Rekha to the world of investing and mentoring her along the way.
Rekha Jhunjhunwala has built a strong network of contacts within the business and investment communities in India. This network has helped her stay informed about new investment opportunities and make strategic investment decisions. Rekha Jhunjhunwala is known for her ability to identify investment opportunities early on and to make bold investment decisions. She has invested in several successful Indian companies, including Titan, CRISIL, and Lupin, among others.
Rekha Jhunjhunwala has become one of India’s most successful female investors, and her accomplishments have been recognised in a variety of forums. She is a motivation to many women who want to establish a name for themselves within the finance industry and investing.
Rekha Jhunjhunwala’s net worth is estimated to be more than Rs 26,028 crore.
Interesting Facts about Rekha Jhunjhunwala
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala’s dedication to fitness is demonstrated by her frequent social media posts of her workout routine.
- With over 2,500 books to her name, Rekha Jhunjhunwala is a passionate reader.
- Multiple media outlets, such as CNBC-TV18, the Economic Times, and Mint, have featured Rekha Jhunjhunwala and her impressive accomplishments.
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala’s career started at Prime Securities, where she worked as a technical analyst and acquired valuable knowledge of the stock market.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
- In 2014, Rekha Jhunjhunwala was honored with the “Outstanding Contribution to Financial Markets” award at the annual Zee Business Awards.
- In 2016, she was awarded the “Woman Super Achiever” award at the World Women Leadership Congress.
- In 2017, Rekha Jhunjhunwala was featured on Fortune India’s list of the “Most Powerful Women in Business.”
- In 2020, she was listed among the top 25 philanthropists in India by Bloomberg.
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala has also been recognized for her contributions to the field of education and was awarded the “Visionary Entrepreneur Award” by the National Institute of Industrial Engineering in 2016.
- She has been a guest speaker at several prestigious institutions, including the Indian School of Business and the Harvard Business School.
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala’s success story has been an inspiration to many aspiring investors, particularly women, and she is widely regarded as a role model in the Indian business community.